Welcome to ThePatientChoice.com
Making choices regarding healthcare can be difficult. Thepatientchoice.com, simplifies the process utilizing a straightforward patient centered rating system and provides unbiased information. With this leading edge tool, patients, families and caregivers are empowered and can make healthcare decisions with confidence.
“The Power of Informed Choice is in your Hands.”
How it works:
THEPATIENTCHOICE.COM provides the hospital with iPads. This tool allows patients, families and caregivers access to specific healthcare information at bedside, with a rating system that is purely derived from patient input. This allows the patient to review results and make informed decisions regarding care going forward. The ratings system is LIVE data, so you will be provided the most current results available for the following participating providers*:
- Home Healthcare – Home health care is a wide range of health care services that can be given in your home for an illness or injury. Home health care is usually less expensive, more convenient, and just as effective as care you get in a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF).
- Skilled Nursing – Skilled nursing care facilities, commonly referred to as nursing homes, are licensed healthcare facilities that are inspected and regulated by a state’s Department of Health Services. They offer long- and short-term care for individuals who need rehabilitation services or who suffer from serious or persistent health issues, such as Alzheimer’s disease, that are too complicated to be tended to at home or at an assisted living facility.
- Long-Term Acute Hospitals – A long term acute care facility is a specialty-care hospital designed for patients with serious medical problems that require intense, special treatment for an extended period of time—usually 20 to 30 days. Long term acute care facilities offer more individualized and resource-intensive care than a skilled nursing facility, nursing home or acute rehabilitation facility.
- Acute Care Rehab Hospitals – Acute rehabilitation is a medically-based, multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, neuromuscular disorders and orthopedic conditions. They provide comprehensive, highly focused programs of care designed to restore strength, improve physical and cognitive function, and promote independence in daily activities, including self-care skills such as dressing, grooming and eating.
- Assisted Living Facilities – Assisted living facilities offer a housing alternative for older adults who may need help with dressing, bathing, eating, and toileting, but do not require the intensive medical and nursing care provided in nursing homes.
- Independent Living Facilities – Residents are seniors who do not require assistance with daily activities or need 24/7 skilled nursing, but may benefit from convenient services, senior-friendly surroundings, and increased social opportunities that independent senior living communities offer.
- Outpatient Rehab – Outpatient rehabilitation is a form of therapy where patients travel to a clinic or hospital to attend sessions and then return home the same day. Typically, a therapy session lasts from 30 minutes to an hour.
- Home Companion / Non-Skilled In-Home Care – Home companions help at-risk seniors, home-bound adults and those with physical challenges live independently, comfortably and with dignity in their own homes.
*Care and outcomes from non-participating providers are not included in THEPATIENTCHOICE.Com results.
There is no cost to the patient for the service provided.
Information is gathered bedside by THEPATIENTCHOICE.COM representative and the questions asked are available on the provider’s page. The search mechanism allows the patient to look for providers based on insurance and location. THEPATIENTCHOICE.com was developed by a nurse with patients and caregivers in mind and puts the power of informed choice in your hands.